Kodi is an open source, free software media center and media library system. Kodi offers a comprehensive platform on which to install many different types of customized addons (aka “extensions”) that enable it to access, store, organize and even organize your media files in a user-friendly interface. This article is a short introduction to the most popular types of Kodi addons. The most popular, most used, and best known type of addon is Kodi itself. There are millions of Kodi addons out there to choose from. You can find them easily on the Internet. All you have to do is click your mouse and you’ll be able to browse and download them all in a matter of minutes.
Most of the popular Kodi addons come with pre-installed profiles for you to use in Kodi and then you can build on them from scratch as you wish. Some popular examples are Movie Addon and Music Addon, which offer thousands of different movie clips, TV shows, music videos, TV shows, and other media files. Read the article below to know how to install kodi on ps4.
How to install Kodi for PS4/PS3
If you came here all high hopes and excited about Kodi for PS4/PS3, we apologize for this not-so-good news. But we can tell you of the next best thing about Kodi for PS4/PS3. On the PlayStation Store, there is a similar app that can do similar things that Kodi does. It may not be as great, but it can deliver enough to keep you entertained on your couch.
Kodi alternative is Plex
We are talking about the Plex app. This app functions similarly as that of Kodi app. It has its own interface and can organize all your media collections from videos to music and photos. It can also provide live TV and record them for binge-watch later. Admittedly, it is not as great as the Kodi app due to the lack of addons support. But it can suffice for some features that you might still want to enjoy. After all, if you want a legit way to be entertained, Plex is a great choice. While we are at it, do you know about the kodi app? Go to the link to learn more.
Set Up Plex Server
- Install Plex app on your device that has all your media collections. If it is an Android, get Plex app from Google Play Store.
- Once you installed the Plex on your server device, you should first sign up for a Plex account. To do this, click on the “Sign Up” button on the top-right corner of the page.
- On the next page, choose your preferred account information source. It could be your Facebook account, Google account, or just use your email address
- Once that is set up, launch your Plex server app.
- On your PS4 or PS3, you also need to launch the Plex app.
- Now, click on the “Sign In” button on the lower left corner of the page.
- A 4-digit pin will appear on the screen. Let the 4-digit pin to stay on your PS4 or PS3 screen.
- Now go back to your device server and open the Plex app. It will automatically open your web browser and load your Plex account.
- It should require that you sign in your registered account earlier.
- Once logged in. Type in the address bar the www.plex.tv/link then press the Enter key.
- It will then ask you to enter the 4-digit code that appeared on your PS4 screen. Type it in and then click the “Link” button.
- Your PS4/PS3 screen will now reload and will retrieve all the media that your Windows or Android app is connected to.
- Play any of those on your PS4/PS3 by choosing any video that you want.
- That’s it. You can now load all your media collections on your PS4 or PS3.
The Kodi for PS4/PS3 is not yet available for now. The developers of the famous app are still on the works on making this possible in the future. So for now, we will only have to cross our fingers until that day happens. The next best thing is the Plex app for now.
If you want online-based content such as video streaming from an external source, there are some apps in the PlayStation Store that can do that. It is not as much as that of Kodi app but those are what you can get, and they are often offered for free.